Your Ad Here

Latest Bollywood Movie Mp3 Songs

Latest Still

Salman’s political connection

Monday, March 30, 2009


salman3


The most recent entrant into politics is someone
who’s known for often being politically incorrect – Salman Khan. In Unnao to
campaign for Congress candidate Anu Tandon, Salman looked relaxed and fresh in a
tee and jeans, his biceps on show. Standing by a French window before hitting
the campaign trail, basking in the early morning sun, Salman sported a pony
reminiscent of rival Shah Rukh Khan. The relaxed attitude belied his busy
schedule – he had to cover five locations and meetings till late at night, but
he answered questions with patience and good humour. Is this the first time he’s
out campaigning for someone? “Yes,” he says. As an afterthought, he adds, “I’m
not here to canvass or campaign.


But he’s associated himself with a political party.
“I’m here to associate with Anu. And to connect with the people,” he replies.
But what’s in it for him? “I’m from Indore – I was born there and eventually
came to Panvel (in Mumbai), so I know what happens there, how the people there
are. But to leave all that, a cushy life, the whole social scene in Mumbai, and
work with the masses in villages, needs guts. I’ve known Anu for a very long
time and I know the amount of work she’s done for the people, so I wanted to add
my bit to it,” he says. “A lot of people say they’ll do this, they’ll do that,
but how many eventually get down to doing it? I want to go back to the place
where I came from and make sure that the people come out from such small places,
the way I have.


What extra do I have? The same education, the same
lifestyle, we’re born in the same place. But it’s all about opportunities. I
want people to have that. That’s what there is in this for me.

He’s clearly not finished. “Bahut log hote hain jo aag lagate hain. Hum (Anu and
Salman) aag bujhane ka kaam kar rahe hain, by interacting with the people and
telling them that we’re one of their own. We’re like them. We’re not special.But
why the Congress? “Because I believe in the leadership. I believe that Rahul
Gandhi will go a long way. He has the ability to lead the country.” And does he
have an opinion on the other Gandhi – Varun’s – statements? “I’d just like to
say that my father is a Muslim and my mother is a Hindu,” he says.


He says he marvels at Anu for having left her home, husband and two children
in Mumbai to work for the people. “I salute such women. Any man would have
thrown a fit if his wife were to do this. I know, my father has two wives. I
mean, for my father, it would have been easy – do biwiyan hain, ek bahar chali
bhi gayi toh doosri toh hai – but for Anu’s husband to have supported her in her
endeavours is praiseworthy.”

0 comments:

 
 
 
Latest Bollywood News, Hindi movie  songs, actor and actress photo, movie review